450 g pasta of choice (I used penne)
2 cups (milk, cream, or a mixture there of)
2 cups chicken broth*
2 cups diced, cooked chicken (or tuna or any other preferred protein)*
1/2 cup butter/oil
1/2 cup flour
1 can mushrooms
Thyme, Chili flakes, Salt, Pepper to taste
2 tsp Garlic
1 onion chopped finely
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package instructions
- Mix oil, flour, and spices in a sauce pan and cook for 1-2 min.
- Remove sauce pan from heat and stir in liquids slowly, stirring continuously until smooth.
- Return to heat and cook until thickened
- Add onion, garlic, mushrooms, and cheese
- Combine pasta, sauce, and chicken in a 13"x9" pan
- Top with cheese (I used grated mozzarella) if desired and bake 350F for 30 min.