1 lb ground beef
1 1/2 c each of dried black beans, black eyed beans, adzuki beans, chickpeas (or about 6 cups of your favourite dried beans mix)
1/2 red pepper chopped finely
2 medium onions chopped
2 carrots chopped finely
1 large can diced tomatoes
1 can tomato paste
2-3 tbsp beef bullion
1-2 tbsp garlic powder
2-4 tbsp italian seasoning
2-4 tbsp chili powder
1-2 tbsp paprika
1/2-1 tbsp red pepper flakes
salt & pepper to taste
- Place beans into containers/ziplock bags and cover with water. Place in fridge for 8hrs-7 days.
- Drain beans and place in a large pot. Cover with 1-2 inches of water and add beef bullion and garlic powder. Simmer for 1-2 hours until the beans are mostly tender. Drain.
- Brown beef in a large pan, drain fat and add to beans.
- Fry onions, carrots, and red pepper until soft and beginning to brown. Add to pot.
- Add remaining ingredients to pot. Fill the empty can from the diced tomatoes with water and add to the pot.
- Bring to a boil, then turn down and simmer on low for 2-3 hours or until you are ready to eat.