As usual the measurements are approximate and can be tweaked easily to suit your taste.
1-3 cans of beans (mixed or 1-3 cans of different types of beans)
- Rinse and dump beans into a bowl
- Add chopped veggies*
- Add salad dressing and mix
I rarely have dressing on hand so I simply make one using the following guide. Fresh herbs taste great but can be expensive unless you grow your own, dried are a great alternative:
1 part oil
2 parts acid (lemon juice, white vinegar, wine vinegar, rice vinegar, etc.)
Italian seasoning, fresh or dried (basil, thyme, oregano, parsley)
1 squirt of mustard
Salt and pepper to taste
Blend until smooth.
* My favourite veggies combos are:
- tomatoes, peppers, green onions
- carrots, celery, and green onions