*Bake all of the potatoes the same day you make the roast.
Roast Beef with baked potatoes & green beans
Twice baked potatoes
Baked Potato Soup
Roast beef sandwiches
Mushroom & Beef Pies
Snacks: carrot & celery sticks, apples, tangerines
1 bag (12-15) baking potatoes
1 block 500g cheddar cheese
1 package bacon (we use turkey bacon)
1 loaf bread (or make at home)
1 bag carrots
1 bag celery
1 bag tangerines
In the refrigerator/freezer:
3 kg Roast beef (already in freezer from previous month's sale $10)
1 bag of skim milk powder
1 large container low fat sour cream
1 bag frozen green beans1 head Romaine Lettuce
1 sweet pepper
1 pack of mushrooms
1 can tomato paste
red wine vinegar
In the cupboard
Slow cooker beef roast
- Slice 2 onions into 1/4-1/2 in rounds. Layer these on the bottom of the slow cooker pot
- Place defrosted roast on top
- Brush with 1/3 cup each of red wine vinegar(optional), BBQ sauce, and oil
- Add 1/2-1 cup of water to the bottom of the slow cooker
- Cook on low for 6 hours or until meat is tender
- Chop 2-3 small onions, 1 sweet pepper into strips. Chop up remaining roast beef into strips.
- Stir fry onion and sweet pepper with approximately 2 tsp cumin, 3 tsp chili powder, 1 tsp paprika for 3-5 min until soft
- Add chopped roast beef and about 3 tbsp BBQ sauce. Stirfry until heated through.
- Serve with Tortillas, salsa, sour cream, cheese, and romaine lettuce
Beef & Mushroom Pies
- Slice onion, mushrooms, and cube roast beef(1cm cubes)
- Fry onion, mushrooms, in a large pot with a shake of thyme and a pinch of pepper until soft and fragrant
- Add beef, 2 cups beef stock/broth, 2 heaping teaspoons of tomato paste, and 1 bay lead and bring to a simmer.
- Stir 2 tsp of cornstarch into 1/4 cup of cold water, pour mixture into pot.
- Stir until thickened. Remove from heat and allow to cool
- In a food processor, pulse 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour with 1 1/4 cup (butter/shortening/margarine) until crumbly
- Add 4-6 tsp ice cold water slowly until the dough comes together
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Fill pie tins or other suitable shallow baking containers with beef and mushroom mixture.
- Roll out dough and cut to cover containers.
- Pierce crust with a knife
- Bake at 425F for 25 min or until crust is golden.